Monday, April 9, 2007

gigs around the country

we just got back from a gig last night in Sheffield, was a awesome gig set went well and a lovely venue what struck me thought was the audience, or lack of for that matter! the place wasn't exactly full in fact the whole city was dead. which to me was striking because when me and Jim got back to Manchester things were buzzing (even at times fighting). to me this is a real shame because as mark put it "and when they wonder where their music scene went they will wonder why" it's sad to go to places and their be little interest in the gig scene.

must point out the contrast this had with derby the Sunday before which was buzzing... the whole experience has made me wonder why some city's are so uninterested in live music. Manchester isn't from experience as supportive as it could be with its local rock/metal bands but that may have something to do with its Indy pasts, whats Sheffield's excuse?

gaz

No comments: