Wednesday, November 29, 2006

gigging/touring

played a gig on Monday last min as part of the tragiceye nights with my other band carcinogenic, we actually played the week before at night and day, as part of the girls on film night.. 2 gigs in 2 weeks is pretty good going for a new band and with the first aurora-project gig literary a week away, I've been thinking allot about the possibility of doing this full time (working in a band).

I'm pretty busy now musically with 2 bands and also tragiceye but non of them unfortunately provide enough income for my self to think about leaving my current job at the same time though the amount of time and commitment all 3 of these projects takes, it often feels like their should be more rewards for ones efforts, I'm not saying i don't enjoy it or that you don't make your own opportunities just that as any struggling musician knows this isn't the industry to think about making a quick fortune in!

then i look at allot of the bands i like walls of Jericho, dry kill logic, paramore and many more and i think to my self these guys are just doing it for the enjoyment and the lifestyle. it makes me think that with the right attitude (towards the commitment of a full tour) aurora-project could look to enjoy the same experience of playing all over the country..

No comments: